Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Form Drawing, Embroidery, and RAIN!










I have been wanting to do some form drawing with the boys for some time now. The other day when I went on a cleaning binge I found a book I had on form drawing. So the boys and I went outside to do some drawing on the drive way... such a nice HUGE canvas. Then taking an idea from Amanda Soule's book The Creative Family we ventured again into embroidery land. Cae and Sagan drew pictures on their burlap, Rowan just stitched away. They really got into it, working for about an hour on their pieces.
Then just as the day was wrapping up... RAIN! A wonderful down pour. We hadn't gotten to many of those this year. It was so nice. There is just something about rain in the desert. After the down pour stopped the boys brought out the boats they had made and sailed them down the gutter.

No comments: