Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Yarn Along

I haven't taken a picture yet of what I am working on. I just cast on this yarn in the colorway Denim. What my plan is, is to make a Totoro for Rowan. I am going to knit a big tube and then felt it and try and sort of fashion the guy from that doing something like this . If the felting goes as planned then I can just sort of add a white belly with wool felt and do the same for his eyes and then just use embroidery floss for his nose... that is the plan anyways. LOL

We are reading a few books right now, still plugging away at The Wonderful Adventures of Nils, and since it is sort of becoming winter-ish here we are reading The Mitten and The Hat by Jan Brett. Those are such lovely, fun books.

I have to say, I am very happy with what I have created this last few weeks. I have never given the children any homemade gifts during the holidays, it is so much fun to knit all these hats and mitts. I dream/goal for next year... sweaters!

7 comments:

Becks said...

Ooh tat is a much loved film here. Your idea sounds good, hope it comes together how you want it to.
x

Crunchy Momma said...

I love your blog thumbnail...hahaha I make people too haha. I hope you are able to make everything on your list.

Spinneretta said...

Sounds like a fun experiment :) Kids always seem to like it when you make something for them- I know I loved it when Mum made things for me as a kid :)

house full of jays said...

Sounds like fun project! Hope it works out well for you. Soooo cute!

no spring chicken said...

I hope that you do post pictures when you are finished. I have a nephew that would love a Totoro!!

Blessings,Debbie

karen said...

I love the vest and hat last post, what a cute little gnome:) Good luck with all your knitting projects

(lia) said...

Your Totoro idea sounds really interesting. I look forward to seeing the finished project.