Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Yarn Along


I had thought I might make myself a hat with this lovely yarn, but I know myself too well... I would never wear it. So instead I am making another sweatery thing for Little sister (Fiona Rose). I think it will look lovely, it knits up so nicely and is so fuzzy soft.
The little boys, Fiona, and I are reading some books on the Winter Solstice. So much fun, even if here in mostly sunny Arizona we don't get the hard core winter like we did in Maine. The last couple of days have been wintery, so it feels right. Knitting and reading by a blazing fire is so nice.
I have been so inspired by other who also are doing this Yarn Along every week with Ginny at Small Things.

4 comments:

Happy Whimsical Hearts said...

Gorgeous wool! And the books look great too :-) Enjoy the rest of your week, Kelly

Unknown said...

What are your favorite solstice books?

momto5 said...

i am really liking "the shortest day" and "the winter solstice" alot. they talk about why certain things are done and what people use to think about the shortest day/longest night and also the science that we all know now. plus, i think they are both written really well and the boys really like them.

Cynthia said...

I like the idea of reading about the winter solstice-- which I can't believe is almost here! I'll have to find some at our library. Thanks for the idea! :)