Sunday, April 1, 2012

Time4Learning review



Well, it has been a month since Sagan started using the Time4Learning website, and it is review time. Personally, I thought it was pretty darn good. The animation is a bit goofy, but in a fun way. Sort of reminded me of the old Reader Rabbit CDROMS back in the late 90's early 00's. I didn't push him too much to work on it every day, so he maybe worked about 15-20 hours over the course of the month. When I would mention that he might want to get on he was very happy to do so. We discovered some areas where he was lacking a bit of knowledge, and was not up to the grade level I had thought he was at, BUT not a problem because you can be on 3 grade levels at once! Which was a HUGE plus in my book. So if you pick 2nd grade for something you get 1st, 2nd, and 3rd grades, which to me is one of the things that makes it really worth the $20 a month. Sagan mostly stuck with math and social studies, but he did touch a little bit into language arts and really liked that. Sagan even enjoyed the quizzes, which I was a bit hesitant about, I am not a big fan of tests, but he really seemed to enjoy doing them.
The one thing that I couldn't figure out and was a bit frustrated by was how to figure out the correct answers for missed questions on quizzes. I still have no idea how to do that at all.
Sagan's thought: "I think it has really helped me learn some things. And I am excited to use it some more."
So there you go! Overall I would say it was a success!

No comments: