Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Crafting, Yarning, and Reading

knitted with the yarn i dyed

fiona making a bookmark

rowan making a bookmark

current knitting and reading

fiona and cae making toothpaste

Crafting here has been slow going. Not sure what is up with me, I am knitting at a snails pace and reading even slower. Thankfully I got the newest issue of Sacred Pregnancy Magazine, so full of wonderfulness. The kids and I made bookmarks the other day, that was fun and glittery. What is it with kids and glitter? Well, if I am honest, I love it too... all over the house. And after a failed attempt a one homemade toothpaste recipe, we tried another, this one is much better, but still a bit...hmmm, it makes you sort of gag, just a bit. Better, in my opinion, then just plain old baking soda, but still nothing the kids will use, maybe someday we will prefect this and have awesome toothpaste, for now, it is all mine.
Joining Frontier Dreams and Small Things

9 comments:

karen said...

I've been reading slowly and knitting slowly as well. I'm blaming it on the nice weather :) Love the yarn and I am amazed you dyed it!!!

Anonymous said...

I think enjoying the process is most important - so, I often move rather slowly on my crafts, too! :) Love the color of the yarn... and good for you, making homemade toothpaste.

the habit of being said...

you did such a great job dyeing the yarn - love the colors!

*kate said...

What fun projects! There is something special about glitter :)

Alisa said...

love your yarn.....beautiful dye job!

Mama Gone Green said...

your yarn turned out beautiful!

knittingsheeple said...

Oh glitter. It's the herpes of the crafting world. It just spreads and spreads.... :)

Joy said...

I'm not a huge fan of glitter either.I try to be for my children's sake but I'm afraid I flunk on that. I'd take paint over glitter messes any day.

Hannah said...

I have never managed to find a toothpaste recipe I can live with on a regular basis.

I love the yarn that you dyed. I did my first yarn dyeing this week and it was so exciting but I just did a flat colour. Did you use a syringe method to get those rainbow colours?