Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Crafting and Reading

Joining Ginny from Small Things and Nicole from Frontier Dreams for knitting, crafting and reading.


I ordered some fabric to make this wee little babe a quilt, a simple one, because honestly that is all I can manage on a sewing machine... simple straight lines. The larger owl print is for the back, it is a super soft flannel, so yummy, the rest are all various fun animal prints, I like the bright/light contrast of the top colors. So excited to get started on this project.


I am knitting yet another Puerperium baby cardi, this time in a Noro rainbow colorway. Someone else a few weeks ago on the Yarn Along was knitting one in Noro, and I just went right out and ordered a few skeins because it was so lovely. The yarn is a wee bit scratchy, I hope with a good soak it will soften up a bit. I also wish we lived someplace with a bit more chill in the winter, I am knitting all these baby goodies that are great if you lived someplace where it got down to 20 for a few months, oh well, this wee bundle will just have to have a new sweater on every day.


 And a wee bit of reading, some for me and some for Fiona and Rowan. They just love Blueberries for Sal and Emily and Daisy. I probably read those 3 times a day.

8 comments:

sustainablemum said...

Your material looks lovely, it will make a gorgeous quilt. Hope the yarn softens up too.

karen said...

I'm positive that a soak will soften your beautiful sweater to be! Great fabric choices and the backing is the best!!

Tracey ~ Clover said...

What a great looking quilt you are making. Quilting is on my to learn list, maybe next summer.

I hear you loud and clear about living someplace cooler, I am melting here.

Hanni said...

Oh, I love Noro's colorways. They are so beautiful. I hope it will work nice and will soften after washing :)

Erin said...

Crafty days indeed! That pile of books looks really yummy!

elflyn said...

I love your fabric choices
A wee babe in a Noro cardigan will look delightful.
Have a beautiful week.

Unknown said...

Well, you and I have the same Taste in books and yarn. I have almost all of Elsa Biscows books.
Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment on my Blue and White Gnome Hat. I will be giving it away along with another once I test the pattern. And then have the pattern posted on Ralvery.

With All That I Am
Carrie - The Handmade Homemaker

FrontierDreams said...

I adore the fabric you picked for the quilt!! Noro is pretty scratchy, huh? I have soaked ours in hair conditioner with good results.