Tuesday, November 26, 2013

baby blanket




The baby blanket is coming along slowly but surely. It is actually a very calming and super easy knit. I calculated how many stitches will go into this wee baby blanket... over 30,000.
I have also decided to try and knit up a Shalom Cardigan for my oldest daughter before December 21st. So, the baby blanket my go on hold for a bit, I am still waiting for the yarn to arrive. I decided to knit it in Quince and Company's Puffin in glacier. Such a beautiful yarn. I am really excited to whip this sweater up.

Joining Ginny from Small Things for Yarn Along and Nicole from Frontier Dreams for KCCO.

10 comments:

karen said...

oh those vibrant colours, sure to make any baby happy! (in fact it made me happy to see it through a photo:)

steph said...

great colors on that baby blankie!!! I love Quince and Co yarns---all of them. It's a treat to use----that shalom will be a FUN knit!!!

fairymom aka Victorymama aka Rachel said...

I love Quince & Co. too! I want to get my hands on some of their Owl yarn. Such bright colors in your knitting lately. Love it.

DeliaKnits said...

Love the sunshine in your photos. The yarn is so vibrant!

the habit of being said...

take your time with that blanket! i finished and bound the last one off and then labor ;-)

little macaroon. said...

Ooh, I've never treated myself to Quince and co yet, it looks so beautiful and everyone raves about it, but it's such an investment I think I'd paralyse myself trying to decide what to make with it! Enjoy yours!

Unknown said...

mmm yummy colours, like a beautiful sunset

Jules said...

I love your description...homecooking, homebirthing, and homeschooling. Love it all, too! And of course, knitting all the way through each of those activities :)
xo Jules

sustainablemum said...

Your baby blanket is lovely so bright and beautiful just like all babies :)

Hanni said...

This blanket is going to be fabulous! These colors are so happy :)