Monday, November 18, 2013

Weekending

Joining Amanda from The Habit of Being for weekending.



Have you ever been driving and suddenly arrived at your destination and have no real memory how on earth you go there and you think to yourself... good lord, how did this happen?
The weekend sort of felt like that. I remember it starting and then BAM we are at the end of it and I have no real idea what happened to the whole darn thing. How did we get to 12:33 AM Monday morning? Where on earth did the weekend go?
I knitted some, got frustrated and frogged a project that took most of the weekend. Watched a few very, very  bad disaster movies, started drinking coffee again. Saturday we went and helped out the Mother in Law shut down her cooler, put away her fan collection, and cover her cooler vents. The kids watched movies and loaded up on enough processed food to keep them going all day and well into the night. We moved over to my parents house for a couple hours to celebrate my niece's 9th birthday with some cake ad ice cream. The cousins played and laughed and were loud and crazy and had to be sent outside, which they enjoyed immensely.
Then suddenly it was 2 Pm on Sunday afternoon and we picked up Sis for her weekly Sunday visit. And that time seemed to fly by and it was time for her and D to head home and it was time to get the kidlet's to bed, and now here I am...
Another long and fast week ahead. Some how the days seem to take FOREVER to get through, but the weeks fly by. Thanksgiving is less than 2 weeks away and then suddenly it is head long into advent, Yule and Christmas. And then a few weeks after that we will be welcoming baby number 7 into the world. I just feel so unready for it all. Is there someway to just slow it all down by like 1/2??

2 comments:

the habit of being said...

busy, busy, indeed! i hope you're making time to take it easy and put your feet up before the baby arrives :)

Tracey ~ Clover said...

I found myself nodding in agreement to your words, the weekend flies by at warp speed.
I tried a cup of coffee last week after not drinking any since April and found I really didn't care for it anymore; I am sticking with my chai.