Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Rainbows



It is finished!! After a year or more, I finished Cae's blanket. It is so cozy, and the drape is wonderful. I love Cotlin yarn. If they would make a variegated yarn I would be in heaven!
I started on the "secret" project, using the Hawthorne yarn "Goose Hollow". You know, the picture does not do this yarn justice, it is not blue, not really. There is lovely bits of purple and lavender and little bits of very pale blue. I took maybe 15 pictures of the project in different lighting but it all looked the same. Oh well.
I am using this pattern. It is an easy pattern, but has enough stuff going on as to make it interesting. I might have to use it again later to make a pair for myself!

10 comments:

Tracey ~ Clover said...

Congratulations! I love how bright and cheery your rainbow blanket is Heather.
The description of Goose Hollow sounds beautiful. I have trouble taking photos of anything red so I understand.

FrontierDreams said...

oh the rainbow blanket is so cozy and cheerful! What a wonderful gift.

sustainablemum said...

That blanket is amazing! It looks so cosy. That colour is really difficult to photograph isn't it. We have a flower that colour in the the UK, the bluebell. It is really hard to get a picture which shows just the right hue of blue :(

Tiny Toadstool Cottage said...

I do love rainbows! That blanket looks so cheerful. I know what you mean about yarn photos - I had one that was green hues but kept showing up blue in photos. Not sure why?! The yarn sounds lovely - I can see a few little bits in there.

Unknown said...

Isn't it lovely, so cheerful and colourful :) Love it!

Heather said...

I love those bright and vibrant colors! That is something I need after such a long grey winter :-)

Darcel {MahoganyWayMama} said...

I LOVE your rainbow blanket! The colors are so bright. I want to make a blanket like that for my friend. Is it the purlbee easy knit baby blanket?

karen said...

I LOVE that blanket, so happy and bright :)

Mama Gone Green said...

I LOVE the rainbows!!!!!

momto5 said...

Darcel:the blanket is super easy, so easy at times it is a bit boring! LOL i would use a heavier weight yarn, this one is DK which you need a LOT of stitches for, i believe i casted on 160. the other one i knit was a heavy worsted and i only cast on 120. if you did a bulky weight you might only need 100. i slipped the first stitch purlwise on each row and just knit all the rest.