Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Crafty Yarning




Oh the knitting that has been going on here! I started and finished the Plain Tunic for Nuala using Noro Silk Garden #87. I don't know if I need better lighting or a better camera, but the yarn is so so much more lovely then in the photo. It is a bit big on her which is good, because she won't need a wool tunic dress until fall, but man, oh man was it fun to knit. I love Pickles Plain line of patterns for children. I need to order some toggle buttons from Wooly Moss Roots for this cute little tunic.
As soon as the tunic was off the needles I started two new projects, another Plain Sweater by Pickles using Wool of the Andes in Wonderland Heather. Which I think will be lovely. I am sure I have enough yarn to make one for Nuala and Fiona, so maybe this fall they will be all matchy matchy in their blue sweater vests.
And finally I cast on a pair of socks (well the first sock of a pair) using Araucania Nuble in colorway #21 which seriously looks like Easter and spring time. The yarn is so beautiful to work with. I am not sure I like the sock pattern for this yarn since it is such a fine fingering weight yarn, I am going to have to search Ravelry for another pattern I think. I want these socks to be extra special because I am making them for a dear friend.

Joining Frontier Dreams and Small Things

9 comments:

Lucy Bowen said...

Love the little dress, the colours are just fabulous.

Lilly's Mom said...

The little dress is so lovely is all it's springtime colors. I love the sock yarn too. Such bright colors. Wishing you the very best :)

Unknown said...

I love your colourful tunic... just gorgeous!!!

sustainablemum said...

You have been busy with some gorgeous knits.

Zauberflink said...

Oh that little dress / tunic is wonderful and the yarn is perfect for it! It will be loved for a long time :-)

steph said...

that little tunic is adorable!!!! :)

Unknown said...

mmm loving that sock yarn :)

The little dress is adorable

Unknown said...

That sock yarn looks like something I want to eat!! It's going to make some awesome socks for sure.

Elizabeth said...

Beautiful knits!